Delicious but toxic! Don't eat sea rainbow in the near future!


Attention, friends who love seafood! Recently, Qinhuangdao City issued an emergency reminder that due to the high risk of exceeding the limit of paralytic shellfish toxins in sea rainbow, it is recommended that the general public do not fish, purchase, or consume sea rainbow. Haihong, also known as Yibei, Qingkou, Dancai, Shell, Donghai Madam... Although its names are diverse, one can definitely recognize its appearance. Where do toxins come from? In fact, the sea rainbow itself is not poisonous, but during the high temperature season, marine algae multiply rapidly, and the sea rainbow is extremely prone to feeding on or coexisting with toxic algae, leading to the accumulation of toxins in the body and the formation of shellfish toxins. After consuming contaminated shellfish, shellfish toxins will be rapidly released in the human body, causing poisoning. The symptoms of paralytic shellfish toxin poisoning can be divided into paralytic shellfish toxin, diarrheal shellfish toxin, neurotoxic shellfish toxin, and forgetful shellfish toxin based on the symptoms of human poisoning. Currently, there are no specific therapeutic drugs for poisoning caused by these four types of shellfish toxins. Among them, paralytic shellfish toxins are considered to have the highest frequency of accidents, the widest distribution, and the greatest degree of harm. The main symptoms of poisoning are: stinging and numbness in the lips, face, and neck, accompanied by dizziness, vomiting, diarrhea, and in severe cases, even suffocation and death. Paralytic shellfish toxins are highly resistant to high temperatures, and ordinary heating methods in households cannot degrade the toxins. How to prevent paralytic shellfish toxin poisoning? 1. Purchase through legitimate channels. Avoid choosing shellfish from red tide areas. 2. Remove the internal organs. Paralytic shellfish toxins are more abundant in digestive glands, skirts, gills, gonads, and other parts. Removing these parts can reduce toxins and lower the risk of poisoning. 3. Avoid drinking soup. Paralytic shellfish toxin is a water-soluble biological toxin that gradually dissolves in the soup during cooking, so the more soup you drink, the greater the risk of poisoning. Although sea rainbow is delicious, do not consume it in the near future. If you experience symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and muscle paralysis when consuming sea rainbow and other shellfish seafood, you must seek medical attention immediately to prevent poisoning. (Lai Xin She)

Edit:GuoGuo Responsible editor:FangZhiYou

Special statement: if the pictures and texts reproduced or quoted on this site infringe your legitimate rights and interests, please contact this site, and this site will correct and delete them in time. For copyright issues and website cooperation, please contact through outlook new era

Recommended Reading Change it